Saturday, July 28, 2007

About Me

Well, with the start of this blog, it might help to know a little about me.

My name is Travis, and I'm originally from Los Angeles, California. I'm 19 years old, and I'm going to be a sophomore at Kenyon College (a small liberal arts deal) in Ohio. I'm hoping to major in American Studies with an emphasis on Pre-Law, and eventually go in to intellectual property law (dealing with copyright law in essence. One reason to promote a legal mp3 blog)

Before College, I went to a public high school in Los Angeles, that has a great music program. There, I developed the skills to play eight different instruments (though I never learned guitar), and music became an integral part of my life.

Welcome to "The Bridges Smell Like Chocolate". I'm here to promote new and old music alike and hopefully I'd like to show those who read this blog some unknown stuff that they'll come to adore. The name of the blog comes from an episode of This American Life, a radio show that I love dearly. In the episode "In The Shadow Of The City", Ira Glass interviews a man from Chicago, where the Bridges Smell Like Chocolate, thanks to a nearby chocolate factory that let out a lot of cocoa particles into the air. Unfortunately, the EPA came in and restricted the flow of the cocoa powder because it was more than the legal amount. In truth, a quite sad story.

Submit
if you are in a band are work for a label and would like to get it featured on this blog, please email me with a link to an .mp3 or a link to myspace and I'll give it a listen. If I like it, (which is probable) I'll be sure to post about it. However, please don't send any attachments (my inbox is full as it is), and I'd like to avoid actually hosting the music myself.

On the other hand, if you work for the record company, and would like me to remove any tracks from my website, please notify me and I'll comply.

To get in touch with me:

AIM: ornbarn
WWW: Friend Me On Facebook
Email: Email Me!
Mail: The Bridges Smell Like Chocolate
c/o: Travis Cook
PO Box 1203
Gambier, OH, 43022



Enjoy!!!

No comments: